Course Description 🔬
This class is a dive into biology's macroscopic (visible) and microscopic (invisible) worlds. You will gain a deep appreciation for God’s creation through engaging lessons and labs.
☑ Lab Requirement? Check.
- Virtual Labs: PHET Interactive makes science vivid and hands-on through its award-winning simulations. We have designed simple labs that pair with these simulations to create virtual experiments as you go through the class. These are included throughout the class with your purchase.
- Do you want hands-on labs? Optional hands-on labs are available too. We have partnered with Home Science Tools to offer labs that pair with the covered content. Physical labs must be purchased separately through Home Science Tools (links are provided in the course).
☑ You will learn Biology through a Creationist Perspective.
You will develop a strong defense for creation as evolutionary arguments will be explored and then dismantled by evidence for creative design.
☑ Built like an online college class but simple enough for high school. You will learn the material through short video lectures rich with imagery, study slides, and questions to check your understanding. In addition, interactive virtual labs, engaging learning games, and relevant videos are included throughout.
☑ Take fully automated and self-graded quizzes and assessments. Your progress in the course is tracked with a weekly quiz. When you have studied and feel ready, take it. The quiz grades are averaged weekly, progress can be tracked, and a letter grade can be given if desired. Quizzes are automatically graded.
☑ Be Confident To Pass CLEP. At the end of the course, you will engage in a comprehensive review of everything you learned. After that, you can study to your heart's content until you feel triumphant and ready. At that point, we provide all the steps you need to register for the test, pass it, send your scores to your desired school, or add them to your future transcript of passed college courses.
The Course Curriculum
👨🏫 Meet Your Instructor
My name is Bryce. I am the owner of Life Foundations Academy and the instructor for this course. Here is my profile:
🎓Education: Bachelors of Kinesiology from Cal Baptist University. California Single Subject Credential in Biology.
😃 Hobbies: Overall, I enjoy spending time with my young family (two littles and a beautiful wife). I also love fitness, coffee, hiking, and campfires with close friends.
📋 Experience: I have been teaching online and in-person for about 5 years. Teaching is a passion of mine. I love to make complicated concepts simple and engaging.
📍 History: Every year of my K-12, I was homeschooled in some capacity. It was a great experience, and yes, I have friends. I was able to use CLEP tests to bypass a bunch of my college education in highschool. Unfortunately, long books and flashcards were my sole option for studying and I did not have a dual-credit option. This course is the resource I wish I had.
How To Get Dual Credit 🎓
1. Take the class. This course satisfies the A-G requirement for Biology and should be taken in High School.
2. Review for the test: Upon finishing the class, students will review their notes and use our study resources to refresh their memory and be fully prepared.
3. Pass It: When ready, students will take and pass the College Board CLEP test for Biology to get 3-6 units of credit. Step-by-step guidance, info, and links for registering for a CLEP test near you are within the course.
4. Get College Credit: CLEP units transfer to the majority of major colleges and universities.
For more info on CLEP, click here.
What Could You Do With $2000? 💸
☑ If you pass the CLEP upon finishing, every 3-unit course you take with us will save you an average of almost $2000.
☑ Many students (including myself) have bypassed a year of college before graduating high school using CLEP.
☑ Certain schools like Thomas Edison State University even allow you to test out of a massive portion of your degree (multiple years) through CLEP.
☑ Each course here is built directly from the outline of these tests. You will be ready to register and take the test upon completing the course and studying with the resources provided.